Sika Urethane The Professional Choice
We use Sika Ultra for all our replacement windscreen installations, this enables us to fit our new windscreens in the most demanding weather – most companies use urethanes that do not set below 5°C and require additional heating and much longer curing times.
Here at Devon Windscreens we are able to guarantee your safety and ensure your replacement windscreen is ready to driven away within 60 minutes even in the coldest of weather.
Your windscreen accounts for up to 30% of your vehicle’s structural strength. Check your supplier is using the correct adhesive to guarantee your safety – incorrect windscreen installation including urethanes not suitable for below 5°C could result in a 30% structural loss in the event of an accident.
- Faster safe drive away times
- Approved OEM quality Polyurethane from Sika
- All seasons technology -10°C to +45°C
- Suitable for cars and commercial vehicles
- No requirement for black primer on ceramic bands
- Excellent anti-sag, decking and cut-off performance
- All in one modulus/non conductive (antenna suitable)
- Easy to cut out in all climates
What happens once your new windscreen is fitted?
First, the urethane must fully harden, or “cure”. The amount of time this takes can depend on the kind of urethane used, the temperature, and the humidity. With a Devon Windscreens installation your safe “drive-away” time will be either 30 or 60 minutes for a front windscreen or if you have a rear glass installed 60 minutes.
Please avoiding pressure washing your vehicle for at least 24 hours after your glass is installed.